The markets were sliding most of last week on both side of the border. I am patiently watching when will be a good time to take a position in a couple of accounts. My current investments are holding up pretty well and it’s nice to see. The hardest hit is Royal Bank of Canada (RY) since I took a position. There may come a time when I will add to the position but I am simply watching for now and amassing the dividends.
I would like to highlight a fellow blogger’s first eBook on dividend investing. Mike and his partner run a set of blogs such as The Financial Blogger, The Intelligent Speculator and The Dividend Guy Blog. The dividend eBook is one of their first eBook to be released, click here to download it from The Dividend Guy Blog. If you are new to dividend investing, it should be a good read with good information. If you are experienced but are looking for information, Mike shares some sites for resources. I would like to thank Mike for highlighting my blog as one such resource.
Worthy readings from other bloggers.
- Dividend Ninja with ‘The Safety of Short Term Bonds‘
- Money Energy with ‘Stock Sectors That Outperform in the Summer‘
- Invest It Wisely with ‘Three Reasons Why I Squirrel Away My Money‘
- Million Dollar Journey with ‘Smith Manoeuvre Portfolio – June 2011‘
- Dividend Growth Stocks with ‘8 Dividend Stocks Yielding Over 3%, With Tiny Payout Ratios‘
- Dividend Mantra with ‘Two Stocks On My Watchlist‘
- Beating The Index with ‘HELOC Portfolio: 1 Year Returns‘
- Buy Like Buffett with ‘How To Build Your Fortune While Others Are Fearful‘
- Boomer & Echo with ‘Mutual Funds vs. ETF’s‘
- Dividend Growth Investor with ‘Natural Selection in Dividend Portfolios‘
- Life & My Finances with ‘Should We Invest or Pay Extra on the Mortgage?‘
- Buck Inspire with ‘Late Fees Kill Your Savings‘
- My Journey To Millions with ‘Passive Investing vs. Active Investing – What Takes More Guts?‘
Go Canucks Go! Tonight may be when it all ends