Not long after Apple (AAPL) announced it will be paying a dividend, mutual funds and investors were already swarming to get some stocks. Apple doesn’t have to do much these days to get institutions and investors drooling for its stock. The dividends will certainly be a nice touch for some investors but I can’t see the yield going much … The announced share buy-back is simply going to cover the shares they give their employees practically annually (which by the way dilutes the overall shares) so it’s really just keeping the status quo on that front.
On my end, I am benefiting from Apple through my holdings in the telecom industry I own AT&T, BCE, Telus and Rogers and they all have a much better dividend and since that’s one way to enjoy the iPhone, I get to benefit form it.
Here are some articles on Apple from other bloggers if you want to get many different views. They are interesting reads.
- Myself with ‘Is Apple a Dividend Investment‘
- Dividend Ninja with ‘Dividend Fund Managers Are Buying Apple?‘
- Dividend Guy Blog with ‘AAPL To Distribute Dividend‘
- Dividend Monk with ‘A Look at Apple’s New Dividend’
- Dividend Stocks Online with ‘Apple Announces Plans To Pay A Dividend’
- Intelligent Speculator with ‘Mirror, Mirror On The wall, Is Apple (AAPL) The Greatest Dividend Stock Of Them All?‘
- Sigma Swan with ‘Is Apple About To Ignite A Profit Center for Wireless Carriers?’
For some dividend research, you can find the best dividend stocks ranked by dividend growth and payout ratio. Dividend Stocks Online also has a free list of high yield stocks that yield 4% or more.
- Andrew Hallam with ‘Don’t Forget You Are Getting Older‘
- Beating The Index with ‘How To Spot Emotionally Invested Shareholders‘
- Boomer & Echo with ‘RESP Account: Getting Started‘
- Dividend Growth Investor with ‘Colgate-Palmolive (CL) Dividend Stock Analysis 2012‘
- Freedom 35 with ‘Start Investing Early’
- Invest It Wisely with ‘Reader Question: Helping a Mother Save for Retirement’
- My Own Advisor with ’How low interest rates affect your life insurance policy’
- Retire by 40 with ‘Increasing Our Dividend Income‘
- Sustainable Personal Finance with ‘5 Interesting Canadian Dividend Stocks to Consider‘
- Young & Thrifty with ‘YNAB (You Need a Budget) Personal Finance Software Review‘
Have a nice weekend!